A CASE STUDY
A fleet with 2,500 drivers was experiencing an accident rate of over 30%, and needed to implement a safety solution that would effectively reduce their risk. They also knew corporate adoption of an overall safety culture was needed for long term success.
This client sought a safety services partner who would be sensitive to overcoming cultural barriers The fleet also needed a solution that could scale up as their safety initiatives increased. They chose CEI as their new partner.
Over the first three years, CEI rolled out a variety of safety programs, centered around DriverCare Risk Manager, a comprehensive risk assessment, driver training, and compliance tracking platform. These initiatives included:
- Normalizing risk scoring using universal event grading to clarify driver risk levels
- Creating standards for secondary driver eligibility
- Program engagement with managers using a customized manager hierarchy
- Providing standard driver training for new drivers
- Automatic assignments of event-specific remedial training
- Using a frequent cadence for supplemental driver training
- Creating customized driver training modules for job-specific challenges
CEI’s client achieved their objectives with a 21.7% reduction in accident rates in the first two years alone! Overall, in three years time, our client avoided over 480 accidents compared to their baseline experience. This equates to:
- $1.2 Million in accident repair savings
- $11.5 Million in overall corporate cost savings*